Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Thing 2 Mobile Device Tips

After finding the manual I found out that I have an HTC EVO Shift 4G. It isn't the newest phone so I had to search the internet for tips to answer some nagging questions I've had about it.

Can I have two windows up at a time and can I go back and forth between them? Yes! I don't know why it never occurred to me to hit the menu button while I had the browser open, but that was all I had to do to get the option to add a window or to switch windows.

The discovery of the menu button also helped me figure out how to make a web page my home page. I forgot how I did it but just start by hitting the menu button when the browser is open.

Can I add diacritic marks to letters? Yes! This was also so easy I can't believe it's taken me this long to learn how to do it. When typing just hold down the letter you want to adorn for a couple of seconds, choose the option you want from the choices that appear, and voilà, you've got an accented letter.

Thing 2 has been a little humbling.

1 comment:

  1. Takes a lot of exploring and trial and error to master a device--most do far more than wet would expect! Keep working on the Things!

    ReplyDelete